It is unquestionable that coconut oil and aloe vera are two of the most efficient natural ingredients when it comes to treating skin problems. The healing effects of these ingredients for problems like psoriasis, eczema, rashes, irritations or dry skin, have been scientifically proven.
Because of their abundance with beneficial medical properties, coconut oil and aloe vera are often used as ingredients in a lot of commercial body care products. Even though they are incredibly beneficial separately, they are even more helpful when they are combined together.
The best mixture you can make is combine pure, unrefined coconut oil with the aloe vera gel, not the juice. It’s a fact that oil and water can’t mix well, therefore it is not advised to use the juice of the aloe vera.
Health benefits of Aloe Vera:
- It is a well-known natural remedy for treating sunburn and small burns.
- It calms rashes and irritations.
- It helps treating age spots, acne, stretch marks, as well as scars.
- Helps the moisturizing and revitalizing of the skin.
Health benefits of coconut oil:
- It moisturizes the skin.
- It slows the aging process of the skin.
- It is very helpful for treating dry skin.
- It has anti-bacterial and antifungal effects on the skin and alleviates many skin problems, like psoriasis, eczema, rashes, sunburns and irritations of the skin.
- It is a good makeup remover.
- It’s amazing as massage oil.
- It’s helps treating oily hair
- 1/2 cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pure aloe vera gel (with purely organic and cold-pressed aloe vera).
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice (for example, jasmine, lavender, vanilla, rose).
Put the aloe vera gel and the coconut oil in a bowl and mix them (the coconut oil shouldn’t be hot as it will combine with the mix by itself).
With an electric mixer whisk the mixture for five to ten minutes, until you get a soft and light mixture. Next, add the essential oil.
Store the mixture in a glass container and keep it at room temperature. Put it in the fridge if the place is warm.
You can use the cream for a couple of weeks.
The Right Way To Use It:
Use the cream in the same way that you use any other skin lotion. Nevertheless, you can get the best results if you apply it on moist skin, especially after taking a bath or a shower. It can also be used as a makeup remover.