Blackheads occur when your pores become clogged with excess serum and dead skin cells. The difference between a blackhead and a whitehead is simply whether or not the pore is open or closed.
If the pore is open, the plug of serum/skin cells oxidizes as it is in contact the oxygen in the air, which turns it black. Blackheads are not caused by dirt.
There are several things you can do to get rid of them and improve your skin’s appearance. Natural solutions, however, are no miracle solution, so be prepared to invest a long time and patience into realizing your goals and becoming without whiteheads and blackheads.
Egg whites form a simple mask that can be used to temporarily tighten pores, hence reducing chances of future blackheads, and will also get rid of current blackheads. It is less drying and rich with many necessary nutrients.
- 1 egg
- A little bowl
- A towel
- Break the egg and separate the white from the yolk.
- Wash and pat dry your face.
- Apply the thin egg’s white layer over your skin.
- In order to apply the layer, you can put a strip of tissue over the thin layer, then press it onto your face very gently.
- When the mask is dry, your face might feel tight-this is supposed to happen.
- Peel the tissue off, and after that gently wash your face to remove any residue.
- Pat dry and moisturize as usual.
Baking Soda Mask
Baking soda can be combined with water to create a thick paste. Its small granules work naturally to remove anything obstructing your skin pores.
- Baking soda
- Mix water with baking soda to form a paste that is thick, but spreadable.
- Message the paste using a circular motion into your skin.
- Leave the mask on your face until it dries and then wash it off.
- Pat your face dry, then make sure you moisturize.