Few things are better for your health– and your wallet– than homemade vegetable juice. After all, juicing is a simple, time-saving way to get more vegetables and fruits in your diet and use up leftover fruit and vegetables before they go bad.
As long as you moderate your intake to account for the natural sugars and calories involved in juicing recipes, vegetable juices can supply fantastic anti-inflammatory benefits for your body:
Still, many people find it hard to start juicing, as veggie juices can end up bitter, especially if they happen to incorporate highly nutritious but bitter greens.
Luckily, there are lots of juicing recipes for sweeter juicing solutions that are easier on the taste buds but just as healthy. Here, we present a simple juicing recipe for a popular juice mix from Venezuela called jugo tres en uno (“3-in-1 juice”)– a tasty, healthy, anti-inflammatory mix of orange, beet, and carrot juice!
Recipe: Jugo Tres en Uno (Orange, Beet, and Carrot Juice)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 4 natural oranges (any size)
- 1 organic beet (any size)
- 2 organic carrots (any size)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon honey, liquid stevia, or any organic sweetener of your choice
- Wash, peel, and/or prepare the oranges, beet, and carrots, as preferred.
- Put the oranges, beet, and carrots in a juicer and juice them. Additionally, blend the ingredients in a blender to desired consistency.
- If desired, add natural sweetener.
- Serve immediately.
Notes: You may change the number of oranges, beets, and carrots in the recipe as wanted. For instance, you may decide to reduce the amount of sugar within the drink by using fewer oranges or replacing them with other vegetables high in vitamin C but low in sugar, like kale or celery.
To minimize the impact on blood glucose, also consider consuming the juice right before a meal, this will help slow down the release of glucose into the blood stream.