Known as the “Golden Spice”, Turmeric has been used since ancient times. This spice has a high nutritional profile, providing a wide variety of health benefits. Besides being used in cooking, for many years this incredible spice has actually been used as an effective solution, treating many illness. Just add it in your diet regularly, and you will experience its extraordinary powers.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric
Turmeric possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is incredibly effective in the treatment of arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, etc. It has been shown that turmeric can provide the same effects like Motrin, hydrocortisone, and phenylbutazone. Turmeric is also known for its antioxidant properties. It can neutralize free radicals which contribute to the advancement of dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s as well as cancer.
Here we have more extraordinary health benefits of Turmeric:
- Curcumin, the active substance in turmeric, has powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which can promote body’s antioxidant enzymes and reduce the effects of free radicals
- It has the ability to increase BDNF levels, a brain hormone that promotes the growth of new neurons, hence fighting degenerative processes in the body
- It has a positive impact on some elements that take part in heart disease. It can improve endothelium function as well
- It was shown that curcumin can improve the pathological process of Alzheimer’s
- It can treat symptoms of arthritis
- Curcumin can cause some changes on molecular levels that help treat and prevent cancer.
- It can provide the same impacts as Prozac in alleviating the symptoms of anxiety.
- It prevents aging and fights age-related chronic diseases.
5 Turmeric Drink Recipes
We will present a list of Turmeric recipes that will reduce pain and inflammation
1. Golden Milk
- 2 cups of milk, preferably coconut or homemade nut milk.
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder.
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric powder.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- Honey, to taste.
You need to heat the milk and once it starts steaming, add the spices. Simmer for a few minutes, and let it cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
2. Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Put all the ingredients in a mixer and mix. Consume this for breakfast or as snack.
3. Turmeric Tea
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- 1-2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of clove powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut milk (optional)
- Raw honey (optional)
First, you should boil the water. When it reaches its boiling point, add the ingredients. Simmer for a few minutes then strain. Add the honey and coconut milk.
4. Turmeric Water With Black Pepper
- 1 table spoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
Mix all the ingredients in a glass of water and consume it immediately!
5. Turmeric Latte
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-grated turmeric root
- 1 tablespoon of freshly-grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Raw honey
First, you must warm the milk. Add all the ingredients in the milk, except the honey. Bring to boil then lower the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then, let it cool for 5 minutes. Make sure to pressure and add the honey!