All of us need a break from time to time to rest, relax, rejuvenate and re-energize our mind, body and spirit. Maybe we think of that time as something we’ll do on our next vacation, when we are not overloaded with our everyday stresses.
With a vacation, you return feeling refreshed, enthusiastic and ready to seize the day! However, you should ask yourself– what happens when you can’t take a vacation? Don’t worry, since we can help you with this problem. Our digestive system needs a break too. It’s always hard at work for us and can significantly benefits from a little “vacation” of its own; a rest from having to break down and digest our daily meals every single day. According to the experts, fasting is an excellent way to give your system the rest it needs, however not all detoxes are created alike.
You need to try the salt-water flush:
- Why? If you aren’t pooping daily (1-3 times), then you aren’t “regular”. The waste can get stuck in your colon causing you to gain weight, create a toxic burden and feel like crap (pun meant).
- What? A Salt Water Flush is a natural, easy, and cheap way to cleanse your colon.
- How? Do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. It’s very simple– just mix 2 tablespoons of unrefined sea salt with 32 oz. of warm water. Mix it well and consume it.
Note: Ladies and gentlemen, you should stay near a bathroom for at least a period of 2 hours. Put your feet on a small stool if available, as it helps open up the colon and ease the passing of your bowels. Many articles on the internet say to use 2 teaspoons of salt for the flush. But, 2 tablespoons are more effective. After that, you need to take a hot bath and relax while reading something motivational or inspiring. Refrain from using any unnatural shower products, as they are packed with toxins and chemicals. A fantastic alternative is baking soda for shampoo and apple cider vinegar for conditioner. Avocado is great for face masks and unrefined coconut oil is the best for moisturizing.
Take salt water flush in the morning. It’s much easier, due to the fact that there is no new food sitting in your colon. Then, you should go for a walk outside and stretch lightly before and after. Breathe in that fresh air! Prepare yourself to take another bath by dry brushing before you get in the tub, which will get rid of dead skin cells and stimulate your lymph system to release waste products.
The third day is all about relaxation. You may feel a bit weak, so refrain from any quick movements. You can go outside for some fresh air. If you must, eat a tablespoon of coconut oil to get some healthy fats and calories into your body. When it is time to end your fast, pick something fresh and natural to begin with, such as a green juice. For example: a green apple with a half of an avocado sprayed with Himalayan salt and ground pepper.
This is very important for you to remember– over the next few days, focus on eating raw vegetables and fruits. Focus on how your body reacts to each new food you eat. If you had any prior food sensitivities, adding them in one at a time (waiting 72 hours before each new food) will help you determine the offender.
NOTE: YOU MAY EXPERIENCE:
NOT SO PLEASANT:
- Headache– especially if you are a daily caffeine drinker.
- Weakness– limit any extreme movements or exercises.
- Hunger– Drink water anytime you feel hungry!
- Fatigue– If possible, sleep a bit longer during the fast (a minimum of 8 hours) and rest when you need to.
- No more bloating– After the first day your stomach will flatten a bit.
- Reduction in gas– farting/burping.
- A raised spirit– You are doing something incredible for your body. Processed food can make you feel down and lethargic. By eliminating these foods, your body will lighten up!
- Better skin– No new breakouts during the 3 days and your skin will have a nice radiance!
Note: a recent study has revealed that fasting for 72 hours has the power to restore your whole immune system. This 3-Day detox plan might be hard for you, however it’s absolutely worth it. Your body will thank you.