Okra, called women’ fingers or bamia, is a fantastic vegetable. It is ideal if you want to heal your body through diet plan. Here we present you all the medicinal properties of okra.
If you enjoy the taste of okra, then you have more reasons to continue eating them, if you are not such terrific fan of its taste, then read carefully what transformation your body gets after its intake.
1. Fibers: abundant in fibers, which improves digestion and heals the bowels. It helps us easily get rid of toxic substances in the intestines.
2. Diabetes: helps in reducing blood sugar levels. It stabilizes blood sugar by regulating the rate at which sugar is absorbed.
3. Pregnancy: okra is rich in folates, which help in fetal development. It prevents miscarriage and problems in the fetal neural tube.
4. Bones: strengthens your bones and prevents osteoporosis since it’s abundant in vitamin K and folates, that makes the bones denser.
5. Asthma: rich in antioxidants and vitamin C and has anti-inflammatory properties. All of that prevents the development of asthma and asthma attacks.
6. Respiratory issues: the leaves and flowers of okra are used in treating pneumonia, bronchitis and common cold and flu.
7. Constipation: the fibers in the okra help in proper absorption of water, lubricates the large intestines and ensure bowel movements. They work as a natural laxative.
8. Sun strokes: if you suffer from sun strokes you can eat okra to alleviate weakness and fatigue from the heat.
9. Colon cancer: the fibers in the okra lower the risk for colon and rectal cancer. They clean our intestines, while the anti-oxidants eliminate the free radicals.
10. Obesity: okra has almost no calories, while the fibers make you feel full. Plus, it is rich with nutrients.
11. Cholesterol: it reduces the cholesterol levels because it’s abundant on soluble fiber Pectin. The Pectin reduces the bad cholesterol and prevents atherosclerosis.
12. Skin Detoxifier: it cleans our skin from wastes and repairs our tissue. It prevents skin pigmentation, reduces acne, and prevents psoriasis and other conditions.
13. Hair: brings your hair to life; it functions as hair conditioner, it hydrates your scalp while preventing dandruff. Your hair will look shiny and fresh.
14. Detoxification: yet another benefit from the fibers; they bind cholesterol and bile acid and eject toxic substances.
15. Immunity: increases your immune system with the help of the antioxidants and vitamin C and other essential minerals like calcium, manganese, magnesium, and iron. These help your body fight against free radicals.
16. Eyesight: rich in beta-carotenes, lutein and xanthine, which prevent glaucoma and cataract.
17. Anemia: with the help of vitamin K, folate and iron the okra will help your battle against anemia. Hemoglobin forms, the blood coagulates, and the production of red cell is increased.
18. Ulcers: it neutralizes acids and accelerate the healing of peptic ulcers by providing a temporary protective coating for the gastrointestinal system.
19. Genital conditions: eat okra if you desire increased sexual potency. The okra can also treat disorders like gonorrhea, leucorrhoea, syphilis and dysuria and prevents excessive menstrual bleeding.
20. Proteins: okra seeds are rich in proteins, which is ideal for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. They are also abundant in oils, amino acids like cysteine, tryptophan, and other.
21. Blood network: support your blood capillaries by consuming plenty of flavonoid and vitamin C-rich vegetables and fruits, such as Okra.
22. Probiotics: okra enables good bacteria thrive in your intestines, which helps for a healthy intestinal system.