All parents are terrified of head lice and most of them fear their child will come and complain that their scalp is itchy. The reason is because head lice are difficult to remove and they are annoying. They are wingless, small insects that eat human blood and are they can be very contagious.
For the most parts kids get them in school, however grownups can get them also. They are not dangerous, however they are annoying and can cause irritated and itchy scalp. If you do not get rid of them quickly the situation can get out of control given that they multiply in no time and this can trigger a serious infection.
On the market you can find different lice shampoos. However, if you ever experienced this problem you know that these solutions are expensive and inadequate. In the end, you face with the endless combing that can last for hours, but there can be few parasites behind.
If you have attempted everything and you still cannot find the solution you do not have to stress, due to the fact that we are here to help you. We present you a homemade remedy for removing head lice and it is extremely effective against head lice. If your child has head lice, try this remedy right away.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lice comb
- White vinegar
- Listerine mouthwash (if you want you can use another brand)
- Few towels
- Shower cup or plastic bags
- With the mouthwash wash your child’s head. The hair should be completely damp.
- Using a plastic bag wrap the hair or cover it with a bathing cap. Leave it for 60 minutes.
- Afterwards remove the bathing cup/plastic bag.
- The next step is to wash your child’s hair with the vinegar and once again cover it with a bag/hat for additional 60 minutes.
- Lastly, remove the hat/bag and with a normal hair shampoo clean your child’s hair.
- Take a lice comb and comb the hair. The vinegar will eliminate the lice eggs from the hair.
- Listerine’s strong smell will keep them away, since lice really cannot stand the smell of spearmint which is why they will escape. You can also add Listerine in spray bottle and spray your child’s hair before school. The entire treatment will take a few hours.
Nevertheless, it is better to use this treatment than commercial products against lice which contain a lot of chemicals that can enter in the child’s bloodstream.