The condition of infection of our urinary tract is very common and it is attacking our urinary system. It may occur in the kidneys, bladder, ureter or urethra. We will tell you more about the reasons for its occurrence and also how to treat it on a natural way.
What are the characteristics of a urinary tract infection?
As we mentioned previously, the infection can happen in different parts of the body:
- In the bladder: this is known as cystitis or a bladder infection.
- In the kidneys: it is known as pyelonephritis or a kidney infection and can happen in only one or in both of the kidneys.
- In the ureter:this happens rarely when the the tracts that arecarryingthe urine from the kidney to the bladder become contaminated.
- In the urethra: this is known as urethritis and happen when the tract that is bringing the urine out of the bladder becomes infected.
Also, there are a lot of cases when the infections happen due to bacteria that managed to find its way in the urethra and the bladder, where it usually happens, whether in some cases it can also form in the kidneys. A large number of the patients’ bodies are eliminating that bacteria on their own, however certain conditions are increasing your risk for treating this type of infection.
For instance, usually the women are more prone to dealing with infections of the urinary system in comparison to men because their urethra is shorter. Furthermore, the women also can get infected after an intercourse or usage of some contraception devices like a diaphragm. Also, the women that are in menopause are at bigger risk for catching an infection like this one.
Among the other factor that can influence the risk for getting a urinary tract infection include:
- Old age
- Urinary catheter
- Alzheimer’s illness
- Enlarged prostate
- Narrowed urethra
- Kidney stones
- Bowel incontinence
- Surgical treatment
Among the signs for having a urinary tract infection in the bladder are:
- Having a cloudy urine, sometimes with blood or a strong, unpleasant smell
- Feeling pain or burning while urinating
- Low fever
- Feeling need to urinate too often
- Having pressure or spasms in the back or lower abdominal areas
- Have a feeling that your bladder is full, although not urinating much
If the infection occurs on the kidneys, then the symptoms include:
- Cold sweats
- Hot or reddened skin
- Back or groin pain
- Intense stomach pain
How to treat the urinary tract infections naturally?
- Prepare yourself a tea using 25 grams of birch per liter of water. Leave it like that for 10 minutes and after thatdrain it. You should drink 3 cups in the
- You need to mix together a handful of these herbs: marshmallow plantain, root, yarrow, nettle and goldenrod (the leafy part). Use a spoon to muddle them and then put them in a cup of boiling water. After this cover it and leave it like that for a period of 15 minutes. At the end drain it and drink 2 cups in the
- You need to put 20 grams of barley in one liter of water and boil it. When it starts boiling, put inside 20 grams of juniper. After this you should lower the heat and cook it for a fewminutes more. Then cover it and leave it for a period of 20 minutes. Drain at the end and consume up to 3cups in the
- You need to take 1 liter of water, and put inside 4 tablespoons of each of these ingredients: flaxseed, marigold, thymeand Then boil this mixture for a period of 10 minutes and then cover it. Leave it like that for 15 minutes and after that drain it. You should take sitz baths 2 times in the day.
- Take one cup of boiling water and put inside 1 tablespoon of celery seed. Cover it and leave it for 10 minutes in order to cool. Drink it before it gets entirely cold.
- You should mix ¼ tablespoonsodium bicarbonate in a glass of water and consume it once during the Before you drink it, remember to drink 2 cups of plain water.
- You need first to peel and core an apple, and then slice it. Then peel and slice one banana too. Blend these 2 ingredients in a blender using one glass of water too and consume this smoothie in the morning before you have your meal.
- Prepare yourself a smoothie using2 cups of fresh blueberries, one slice of watermelon and half a cup of cherries. Remember first to wash them and remove the seeds. Rink it right away.
- You need to heat half a cup of cherries with their stems in a water bath. After that remove the pit when the cherry gets softened and mix the rest. You can also put one tablespoon of honey. Store this mixture in a glass jar with a tight seal and consume 2 tablespoons a day.
- It is advisable to have 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil a Also, you can drink a glass of coconut water before having your breakfast and one more before you go to sleep.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, peel and smash them. Then add a cup of warm water and leave it like that for 5 minutes. Consume it 3 times every
- In one liter of water include two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and drink this during the day.
- Take one onion, peel it and cut it in four parts. Then you should boil them in a half a liter of water for a period of 20 minutes. Put it away from the heat and leave it like that for a period of 8 hours. At the end drain the mixture and consume it. It will make you to urinate more thus eliminating the bacteria.
- Boil a cup of water and put inside two tablespoons of basil leaves. Leave it like that for 10 minutes and then drink it 2 times in the day for 2 days.
- Prepare a smoothie usingone cup of pomegranate juice, two cups of cranberry juice, one cup of sliced papaya (or cantaloupe), ¼ cup of lemon juice and one tablespoon of ginger juice or a grated piece of ginger. Also, if you like you can add 6 ice and then consume 5 cups in the
- Make yourself a tea using one tablespoon of sliced parsley. Boil some water and then leave it with the parsley inside for a period of 15 minutes. You can add some honey for taste and consume cups in the day.