There is a solution to every problem. That’s what many people would say and it is actually true, especially when we talk about boiled eggs.
Here, we’re going to present you a wonderful trick that will make your life so much easier. Experts say that eggs old between 7 and 10 days are perfect for cooking and are the easiest to peel. You’ve certainly noticed that you can peel some eggs without a problem and other can cause you so much problems, although they were in the same box.
In order to avoid this type of undesirable surprises, add a teaspoon of baking soda while they’re cooking. Older eggs are more alkaline, so you can peel them more easily and fresh eggs are the real opposite, they’re less alkaline so they cause more problems when it comes to removing their shell. Baking soda will increase the alkalinity and you’ll be able to peel them without any issues.
Here are some more tricks for perfectly boiled eggs:
- If you do not know how old the eggs are, try this trick: put them in some water and observe their behavior. If they sink on the side (horizontally), then they’re really fresh. If they sink, but stand vertically, then they’re perfect for cooking. Eggs that come near surface area are old.
- Heating the eggs before you put them in hot water is a great trick against cracking. You can do that in 2 ways: take them from the refrigerator and leave them to reach space temperature or leave them in hot tap water for few minutes. Namely, an extreme change of the temperature is the main cause that makes the egg shell to crack during the process of cooking.
- If you want to get hard boiled eggs, it would be the best to put them in some cold water then start to boil them. Then, they have the least chance to crack.
- If you want eggs with a soft yolk, then you must dip them into warm water using a tablespoon and measure the time. Depending on the size of the egg, you’ll need about 3 minutes.
- Make sure that the eggs are covered with water when you cook them, since they won’t be cooked evenly. Also, if you boil them too much, the egg yolk will become greenish in color and the egg white will resemble gum.
- After the boiling, put the eggs into cold water. It can also be hot water, however you have to put few ice cubes in it. That will add to peeling them easily.
- If you want to get an omelet in a shell, them shake the egg well before you decide to prepare it. This technique is also called “golden egg, since the inner side is quite yellow in color.