Many of us probably know that the butter is made from pasteurized milk, which means that the most of the butter which is available for us in the markets is not healthy at all. In comparison to that, there is the homemade natural butter which contains many of the mineral and vitamins that are included in the raw milk as well. The butter includes vitamin A, which is very important for our eye’s health, tissues, teeth, membranes, and skin. Furthermore, it also has an essential function in the gene transcription. Additionally, the butter is able to give us protection against cancer, because it is comprising the short and medium chain fats.
Read the recipe for making natural butter!
Things that you need:
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- Sea salt, to taste
How to prepare it:
The first thing to do is put the cream in the food processor and let it to process for a period of 10 minutes, until you get a thick whipped cream. After that, continue with the processing until the mix becomes grainy and then it separates on butter and buttermilk. Then, you should drain the buttermilk from the butter.
You need to put the butter in a colander and then strain the buttermilk. After this, you should wash the butter, use a spoon to turn it and let the cold water run over it until it is clear.
When it will be clean, use a wooden spoon to squeeze the liquid from it, you need to smash it and pour off the liquid. At the end, put it in a container and store it in the fridge. This homemade natural butter can be used for several months before it goes bad.
So, don’t wait and prepare this amazing butter for you and your family. Read below some combinations with unsalted butter:
- Maple syrup, orange zest and blueberries
- Orange zest, snipped fresh sage and chopped fresh or dried cranberries
- Snipped parsley and lemon zest
- Chopped kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped garlic, snipped fresh Thai basil and chopped, drained, pickled ginger
- Lime zest, snipped fresh cilantro and Sriracha, or hot sauce
- Snipped fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated ginger and sesame oil
- Honey and sliced pecans
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Watch the video to find out how to prepare butter in a jar for only 5 minutes:
Other Sources Included: