The corn is a staple food, which generally has been used and consumed by several ancient civilizations. Corn seed remains have been found in the tombs of the Inca civilization in Peru, and cobs of Arizona have been found at an age of at least 4,000 years. Today we want to talk more specifically about the juice of corn, which contains a wide range of medical properties that contribute perfectly to our health.
Properties And Benefits Corn Juice
Corn juice contains vitamin A, B and C, carbohydrates, folic acid, magnesium, phosphorus and fatty acids. It is also a preparation rich in lutein, a compound that protects the health of our heart, and prevents muscle degeneration.
Among the most impressive benefits of corn juice for our health, we discover the following:
- Protects the health of the heart
- Destroy bad cholesterol
- It is a powerful anti-aging remedy
- Helps stimulate the central nervous system
- Improves the quality of bones and teeth
- Contains effective antioxidants
Having seen the main benefits of juice for our health, let us now turn to see how this effective beverage is prepared.
How To Prepare Corn Juice
Here’s how to prepare a drink made from corn and cocoa juice, which harnesses energizing and antioxidant properties. This traditional drink is often prepared in countries of Latin America and Mexico.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal dough
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cocoa candies
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of anise seeds
- A cup of water
- 1 cup of skim milk
- Take a casserole and mix in it the corn flour, sugar, cinnamon, cocoa and anise.
- Now add ½ cup of water to the mixture and stir until a paste is developed.
- Add the rest of the water and milk to the preparation. Again, stir well.
- Bring to boil over low heat.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, and if necessary add more sugar.
- Drink this effective drink in the mornings, to enjoy its benefits.
We will also show you the recipe of another tasty and refreshing drink, originating in Panama.
- ½ cup of shelled yellow corn
- 1 cup of evaporated and skim milk
- 4 cups water
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A sprig of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix the corn with a cup of water in a bowl and put it in the fridge, leaving it there overnight.
- The next day, we take the preparation from the fridge and add the rest of the water and cinnamon, then bring everything to a boil.
- When the preparation is boiling, lower the fire down and let the pot boil up until the corn is soft (the cover of the pot should stay semi-uncovered).
- Before putting out the fire, add the rest of the ingredients to the preparation and let boil for 5 minutes more.
Let the preparation cool in the refrigerator, leave there for about 4 hours. It is advisable to consume 3 times a day of this powerful beverage, accompanied by some vanilla and nutmeg if you wish.
Any of these drinks will have amazing effects on your health, and will rid you of many illness.
Other Sources Included: