Pineapple is a lot more than a delicious treat; it is packed with essential nutrients and antioxidants that protect your cells from damage caused by exposure to harmful substances. Bromelain, a mix of substances found in pineapple, has been shown to lower inflammation, inhibit tumor growth, and prevent extreme blood clot when given in therapeutic doses.
Consuming this superfood and other fruits may also protect your eyes against macular degeneration, according to a study released in the June 2004 concern of “Archives of Ophthalmology.” The substances found in pineapple also aid in energy production and provide support for the immune system.
Many of the health benefits of pineapple come from its high vitamin C material. Your body uses vitamin C to protect your DNA and other molecules from damage caused by reactive oxygen species and free radicals. You also need vitamin C to produce collagen and boost iron absorption. Pineapple is an exceptional source of manganese, a mineral needed to form strong bones, connective tissue, and sex hormones. Manganese helps control your blood sugar level, helps in calcium absorption, and contributes in carb and fat metabolism. Other nutrients found in pineapple include:
- Fiber, crucial for digestion and weight loss (for much more fiber, try brazil nuts).
- Folic acid, crucial for red cell production and helps prevent Alzheimer’s.
- Pantothenic acid, needed for energy production and fat metabolism.
- Vitamin B1, or thiamin is food for the nervous system and reduces risk for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Vitamin B6, crucial for brain health and metabolism of carbs.
- Copper, is needed for tissue strength in bones and blood cells.
Pineapple– The natural born detoxifier
There are many toxins in our body. Somehow, we found a way to cope with them. They are slowly harming our bodies. For that reason, it’s crucial for you to do your best and clear them out of your body. Obviously, your body does that by itself. However, with all the other tasks it does, we believe it’s time for you to assist the process. By the show of hands, how many of you consume a minimum of 2 liters of water daily?
Let us guess, you forgot to drink water today. The worldwide results are devastating. Your body is a powerful machine that needs to be fueled to stay healthy. In any case, it will get rusty and there are the diseases to give you bigger problems. To avoid all that here is a diet that will help you detoxify your body.
Before we come down to it and you begin start it you need to know this.
The pineapple diet is fascinating way of eliminating the retained fluid in the body. It’s made like an eating plan for 4 days that will allow you to drop few pounds and detoxify your body. You should be warned that the excessive use of this diet could lead to different results. As you know, your body needs all nutritional requirements to be in a good condition and health. Perform this diet for 4 days and not more. After that, back on your healthy diet.
- Breakfast– 2 Slices of natural pineapple + whole-grain toast spread with low sugar jam.
- Lunch– 2 Pieces of natural pineapple with 200 grams of grilled tuna, seasoned with olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Dinner– 2 pieces of pineapple with 200 grams of chicken breast grilled and lettuce salad dressed with olive oil and vinegar.
- Breakfast– 2 Slices of pineapple with a piece of bread spread with low-fat cheese.
- Lunch– Beef steak grilled, seasoned with tablespoon of olive oil and 2 slices of pineapple for dessert.
- Dinner– Make a light cream with purifying plant vegetables. Finish with 2 pieces of pineapple.
- Repeat the menu of Day 1.
- Repeat the menu of Day 2.
This diet appears very interesting. This is a low-calorie diet and you can expect some sensations of hunger, lack of energy and anxiety. Do not be frightened of that. You’ll get used to it. That’s your body responding on this diet. It needs time to understand what’s going on. People who are suffering from HBP, diabetes, and kidney problems must avoid this diet. Consult a physician before taking a step further. Make sure the features of this fruit are not interacting with the chemicals in the drugs you are taking for your problem.