We all know that laurel is an outstanding spice that has a special place in every kitchen.
Nevertheless, many don’t know that these leaves besides using them to prepare foods are also beneficial in our health.
Laurel leaves are used for the preparation of a great medicinal oil that has lots of beneficial properties for our health that you can make at home.
BENEFITS OF THE BAY LEAVES:
- Calms the nervous system
- Strengthens the immune system
- It reduces the colon
- It increases and stimulates the sweating process
- It is used for joint pain and treats varicose veins
- Increases mental activity in general
For This Recipe You’ll Need:
- 30 grams of bay leaves
- 250 ml of olive oil
How to prepare:
- Grind the leaves with mortar or hands
- Crush until they release a light oil
- They must be dry leaves
- When they are well crushed, combine them with the oil that they have actually released in an airtight container and cover with olive oil
- Then cover and let macerate for two weeks in a cool and dry area
- After the time, the leaves should be changed by new ones so that the aroma intensifies, doing the same process
- Cover and leave for 2 more weeks
- Then glue this oil.
- You must do this with a cloth or cotton cloth.
- Squeeze the cloth as much as possible, to retain as little oil as possible.
If you want, you can lightly heat it on fire.
- Rub this oil thoroughly into the affected joints.
- It is also used for ear and migraine.
- For severe headaches, massage this oil into the temples, And the pain will quickly disappear.
- You can replace aspirin with laurel oil because it lowers the rise of body temperature.
- It improves the appetite.
- Helps eliminate pain in the stomach and intestines.
- It normalizes renal and hepatic function.
- This oil can also be used as a lotion to solve skin problems on the face.
- It is a very effective lotion against pimples and acne.