Amish people are utilizing home remedies long time along, for many different health concerns, including skin problems. We are now looking at original recipe and how to get rid of skin problems. Black healing balm is a natural treatment, used since antient times, by people who come from the Amish community. Lately, this ointment has become very popular. It is used not only to get rid of toxins but also for foreign object stuck to the skin.
The ointment is a mix of natural ingredients, including essential oils, wax, tar and activated charcoal as one of the main ingredients of this lotion. Used for treating small skin issues, it has shown to be rather effective, helping the skin to heal faster and go back to its healthy state.
What is recommended for?
All sorts of minor skin issues, such as burns and rashes, can be treated successfully with the help of this fantastic lotion. In the Amish community, it is known as “healing smear,” which is used to get rid of toxic substances and also remove foreign objects, such as wood or metal chips, from the skin. It is one of the best ways to remove skin tags.
Black healing balm can be used to heal boils on the surface and stimulates faster healing of the skin. It is suggested for the removal of thorns and fragments of glass, in addition to for the treatment of cystic acne and insect/spider bites.
Black Balm For Skin Cancer
A quick Internet search will reveal that black balm can be used to treat skin cancer. However, this should not be confused with black healing salve, which is a natural remedy recommended for minor skin issues and not serious conditions, such as skin cancer.
The black balm that some people describe is, first of all, a controversial service for skin cancer, and no one that has yet to be proven effective. It is a name that is used to cover a group of natural corrosive agents, also known as escharotics.
One of the main ingredients belonging to this group is, in fact, a natural remedy, i.e. the bloodroot, which is recommended for the treatment of basal and squamous cell cancer of the skin. Nevertheless, such treatments are not supported by scientific evidence.
How To Prepare Black Salve
If you want to prepare black healing balm in the comfort of your home, these are the ingredients you will need:
- ½ c Castor oil– anti-inflammatory, skin moisturizer, reduces acne
- ½ c Coconut oil– anti-inflammatory, skin hydrating, antibacterial, antiseptic, stimulates quicker healing of the skin
- 3 teaspoons Activated charcoal– removes toxins and foreign bodies from the level of the skin; Reduces stinging sensation in case of toxin ivy/insect bites
- 3 teaspoons Bentonite clay– similar benefits to activated charcoal; ensures the non-greasy consistency of the product
- 2 teaspoons Beeswax– improves the overall texture, also functions as binding agent
- 10 drops Marigold oil– Anti-inflammatory, skin moisturizing, anti-bacterial, stimulates faster healing of the skin.
- Take a large bowl and mix the bentonite clay with activated charcoal and essential oils.
- Melt the beeswax and mix it with marigold oil, using a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, you can place a glass container over a pot of hot water, and it will serve the same purpose.
- Mix the melted wax with the other ingredients, put the resulting mixture into a glass container (hermetic) and let it cool.
Note: Always store in an airtight glass container, so that the ingredients keep the same level of efficiency. Keep the container far from direct sunlight and use for several weeks without worries.