WARNING!! Here’s Why It’s Important NEVER To Use Your Phone When It Is Charging!

0

Nowadays, all of us use cell phone, however very few of us use it properly, which is why many unfortunate accidents occur. In this article, we will present you a story about a 13-year-old girl Gabbie Fedro who got serious burns because of the overheated phone charger. It might sound crazy, but she got second-degree burns from her charger.

She got a T-Mobile LG d500 as a gift for Christmas. One minute, her father heard screaming from her bedroom and the next thing he saw was her running downstairs holding her neck. Her mother explains: “She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.”

Regrettably, this is simply one case among many others which is yet another evidence that phone chargers can be dangerous. In most of the cases, people get burns due to overheated lithium-ion battery which can even explode.

In 2014, there was another accident recorded, where one woman from Australia, Sheryl Anne Aldeguer, a mother of 2 was using headphones and talking on the phone which was plugged into a wall socket. Sadly, in this case, the women died. Due to this unfortunate accident, which cost this woman her life, the public was alerted about these inexpensive electronics and forced Fair Trading to issue a warning over the sale of unapproved USB battery chargers in New South Wales.

As we already mentioned, these cases are not the only ones, so take a look of the following ones:

  • 2 years ago, another woman from Australia died due to a USB charger. The newspaper Sydney Morning Herald reported that the woman had been electrocuted while talking on the phone and the charger was a knock-off.
  • In 2013, as Apple reports, one woman from China was also killed by electrocution while using a malfunctioning battery charger. This case was investigated by Apple itself and they also posted a warning on their Chinese website alerting people and inquiring to prevent using third-party chargers.
  • Yet another unfortunate accident occurred in Colorado in 2010, when a toddler got third-degree burns after she was shocked by putting an Apple USB cable into her mouth. The Denver Channel reported that the cable was plugged into the laptop computer at that moment.

Nevertheless, it has been proven that there is no risk to use a properly working mobile phone while being charged with the adequate and properly working charging device. Many people all around the world have this practice and there are no cases like the above mentioned.


 

 

Source: www.fhfn.org
Other Sources Included:
healthylifevision.com

(Visited 145 times, 2 visits today)
Share.

Leave A Reply